After SXSW I started to think about the growth of Austin, TX and how it reminds me of when I lived in Philadelphia, PA. South East Austin as well as just East Austin is going through a huge change in housing. Once these areas were very Ghetto and now are becoming the “Hip” place to live.
There are lots and lots of people, most of which grew up in a some what good town. Not to bash on the middle class but all the kids that are now grown up are moving into places that may not be safe but are cheap. I am one of them and I remember living in Philly and seeing Ghettos get pushed back in wake of all the new people that wanted to live in the city for a cheap price. It was perfect for College students and people that just got bored with the suburbs and country.
The same thing is happening here in Austin, Tx, where there are so many people that want to be here but don’t want to pay the price. They get a place that is relatively cheap but don’t consider how sketchy the area is. Is this a bad thing? I personally don’t think so but it is causing extremely lower class citizens to not have what they use too.
The best part about all of this is that most of my generation is trying to live in cities and not finding homes and settling down. This is whats causing these once bad areas to become livable, but at a price. Areas that were once considered Ghettos are now a great place to live and clean. Though at the same time those people that were pushed out are now angry at the new comers and condensed into pockets of crime and still live right down the street.
In the end I don’t know what is worse. Pushing people out of their communities so that a new breed can take over or people not exploring new things. I love what I have seen in life but at the same time have caused apartment rates to go up in less expensive areas due to who I am. This is one of those things that is a double edge sword and all you can do is watch.
- Snakes North Point, Bay Fort Howard April 28, 2017
- Current Commercial Work March 24, 2017
- Worlds End State Park, PA November 23, 2016
- Seagram’s Abandoned Distillery August 26, 2016
- Cape Cod July 4, 2016
- From Cold to Hot June 8, 2016
- Leap Year March 24, 2016
- Black Moshannon State Park November 26, 2015
- Old Haunts September 26, 2015
- As Of Late September 25, 2015
- Schenuit Rubber Factory May 19, 2015
- Known Ghost Tour April 14, 2015
- The Coldest of Cold February 24, 2015
- Fort Howard November 29, 2014
- Abandoned Church November 29, 2014
- Cunningham State Park Camping November 12, 2014
- Fall is Here October 30, 2014
- This Weekend September 23, 2014
- Maryland State Fair 2014 August 26, 2014
- Here or There July 22, 2014
- Gallery 788 Salon Show Opening June 12, 2014
- Under a Bridge April 12, 2014
- Return of the Duo March 25, 2014
- Fort Myers Florida March 6, 2014
- Here or There February 22, 2014
- Winter Wonderland February 15, 2014
- Is It Summer Yet? February 9, 2014
- Winter Storm Janus January 21, 2014
- Yesterday January 17, 2014
- New Year, Same Old January 5, 2014
- The Melting December 10, 2013
- Here Comes Winter December 10, 2013
- Johnston Square November 21, 2013
- Sparrows Point November 19, 2013
- It’s Cold Outside November 13, 2013
- Photo Planet November 6, 2013
- Fall in Baltimore October 29, 2013
- Attempted Abandoned Asylum Visit October 29, 2013
- Oh Right I Forgot… October 3, 2013
- Maryland State Fair September 2, 2013
- Scapescape 2013 Day 2 August 31, 2013
- Scapescape 2013 Day 1 August 31, 2013
- Middle Branch Baltimore MD August 28, 2013
- The Windup Space August 25, 2013
- Druid Hill Park Sunset August 18, 2013
- Slammin & Jammin 2013 Skate Park Fundraiser August 10, 2013
- Metro Gallery Baltimore August 3, 2013
- First Thursdays in Mt Vernon August 2, 2013
- New York City July 31, 2013
- Artscape 2013 July 22, 2013
My recipe but had help making it from @badfish_21 and @babessica. PS my recipe is google it and adjust whatever you find to what you like. Soups on!
Every brewery has a little DIY flare.
No I didn’t go see #aliencovenant
You know @freddy4hair is over when this happens. Thanks for the haircut, you da best!
Made some Absinthe. Not exactly real deal but I put my home grown wormwood in and all the herbs in that go into the original. The liquor part is just Everclear. Kinda think after trying it that a lower proof vodka might be better. 194 proof Everclear is intense.